Bucksmore has over 35 years’ experience of looking after individual junior students. Your child’s safety and wellbeing is extremely important to us and we take the role of student welfare very seriously. From wake up to bed time our staff monitor our students’ progress and integration with their fellow students, making sure they are settled in, making new friends, and speaking English.
- Bucksmore staff on site 24 hours a day
- High staff to student ratio of 1:7 (1:5 on Bucky Kids)
- Separate male and female accommodation
- Porters’ Lodge entrances for Oxford and Cambridge colleges, manned 24 hours a day by college staff
- Travel Documents, air tickets and pocket money kept secure by centre management
- Well balanced, nutritious meals
- Full programme so students are never bored
- Mixed nationality seating plan at meals
- No student under 12 years old will be allowed free time away from Bucksmore staff. They will be supervised at all times on excursions.
Bucksmore Centre Staff
The Centre Manager looks after all areas of the Centre and in particular how our students are settling in and integrating with the other international students. Bedroom inspections, daily student meetings, and constant communication with the staff ensures that our Centre Managers know what is happening in their centre at all times.
The Director of Studies (DoS) looks after the English Language Programme. The DoS knows every student’s English level and is constantly monitoring how they are performing in their lessons. The DoS makes sure that there is a positive learning dynamic in each class and that all students are involved at all times.
The Activity Manager looks after the afternoon and evening activities and the excursions. Our activities are designed to be totally involving and interactive for the students and the Activity Manager monitors each activity very carefully, making sure each student gets the maximum benefit.
The Counsellors wake the students up, put them to bed, teach them English, supervise their meals, guide them on excursions and trips and motivate them during activities. They also act as role models and are constantly on hand to listen and help our students at all times. The Counsellors speak English to the students all day.
Contact numbers for our centres, Centre Managers and Head Office are made available before the start of the summer course. They can be downloaded separately or as part of the parents pack one month before a course starts. Before this time, contact the head office.
Staff at Head Office are also available at any time throughout the summer.