King Edward’s school is located in the beautiful village of Witley, Surrey. This impressive school is within an hour of both London and the south coast of England, making it a great location for one of Bucksmore’s classic English summer schools.
For 10-13 year old creative students
Arts Experience combines English language tuition with art workshops. There are 15 hours of English tuition each week, as well as three afternoon arts workshop sessions of 2.5 hours – totalling 7.5 hours per week.
Each week, students will spend three afternoons rotating between each of the following three areas:
Making use of King Edward’s School’s music hall, students will work with a variety of instruments to create pieces of music from around the world. No musical expertise is required.
Taught by an experienced tutor the dance workshop will focus on a different style of dance each week. Students will prepare, practise and perfect a dance routine during the afternoon session. Dance styles in the past have included modern, jazz, ballet and hip-hop. No previous experience is necessary and the tutor will adapt the routine to the ability of the group.
In the drama workshop students will have the opportunity to engage with a variety of dramatic techniques to build confidence and explore acting.
- 15 hours of English tuition each week
- 7.5 hours of arts workshops per week
- 2 full-day excursions and 1 half-day trip per week
- Full afternoon and evening activity programme including sporting, cultural and fun games
- Bucksmore end-of-course Assessment
- Bucksmore Passport to collect stamps for achieving goals
- Maximum class size of 11 students