- Three Capitals can cater for all levels of English, from elementary through to proficiency.
- The age range for students at Bucksmore Three Capitals is 13-16.
The syllabus incorporates language study, language for life, interactive lectures and a cultural project throughout the duration of the programme.
The language study lessons focus on the communicative style of language learning and provide grammar and vocabulary tailored to a student’s ability. Whereas language for life lessons integrate a wider range of topics including learner training, literacy, culture and life skills.
The course aims to:
- Build language skills and confidence gradually through our multi-level syllabus.
- Develop students awareness of regional types of English and different cultures throughout Great Britain.
- Help students achieve their individual goals in language learning.
- Gain a better understanding of English books, films, songs, the internet and other media.
Interactive lectures happen at various locations throughout the two week programme and are designed specifically around the daily excursions and activities. The interactive lectures occur during the evenings in Cardiff, Lake Windermere and York.
Interactive lectures give students the opportunity to learn more about their current location and the English language and history of that area. Thus, contributing to the overall immersive experience of the Three Capitals programme.
Cultural Project Sessions
An ongoing educational project has been chosen to complement the cultural nature of the Three Capitals programme.
The aims of project work are to encourage collaboration and communication through the process of investigating commonly held British stereotypes. Students receive vocabulary and grammar input on a number of evenings throughout the course. In addition, groups are provided with a project guideline which they should follow in each session.
The project culminates in a presentation evening in which groups display and present their work.