King’s College is a world-famous prestigious university in the heart of London. It is consistently ranked among the top Universities in both the UK and the world. Classrooms take place in the Virginia Woolf building, whilst meals and activities take place in the main building on the Strand, next to Somerset House. Accommodation is provided in Waterloo, a short walk away.
London Advanced Studies Program
An Academic Summer School For 13-16 Year Olds
Taking place at in the hear of the city, at King’s College London’s Strand campus, the London Advanced Studies Program (LASP) is an academic enrichment summer course for ambitious students wanting to challenge themselves with advanced academic tuition in very small class sizes.
The course is available to international students with strong upper-intermediate level of English as well native English speakers. Students will select a ‘core’ and one ‘specialist’ subject per week, where they will benefit from a maximum class sizes of six students. They will also take part in weekly group projects such as Bucksmore President, UK Capital of Culture, Theatre Production, and Technology Expo.
Accommodation is just across the River Thames at Conway Hall. Consisting of recently refurbished modern bedrooms. Students have a short walk across Waterloo Bridge to their lessons, taking in the famous sights of the London Eye and the Houses of Parliament on their way.
INCLUDED IN LONDON ADVANCED STUDIES PROGRAM:
- Classes and meals in the Strand campus of King’s College London
- Accommodation in the nearby Conway Hall, part of Notre Dame University (12 minutes walk across Waterloo Bridge)
- Central London location
- Airport transfers
- Personalised report card & certificate
- Entrances to attractions on excursions
- One excursion outside of London each week
- Visit to a West End musical
- 20 hours of academic subject tuition each week
- 1 full day excursion outside of London each week
- Full afternoon and evening activity programme including sporting, cultural and fun games
- Personalised report card and certificate upon graduation
- Maximum class size of 6 students