King Edward’s school is located in the beautiful village of Witley, Surrey. This impressive school is within an hour of both London and the south coast of England, making it a great location for one of Bucksmore’s classic English summer schools.
English Language and Speciality Summer Camps For 10-13 Year-Olds and 13-16 Year-Olds
- Bucksmore STEM Experience can cater for all levels of English, from total beginner upwards.
- The age range for students at Bucksmore STEM Experience is 10-13 and 13-16.
The syllabus incorporates language study, language for life, excursion link lessons and academic skills sessions.
The language study lessons focus on the communicative style of language learning and provide grammar and vocabulary tailored to a student’s ability. Whereas language for life lessons integrate a wider range of topics including learner training, literacy, culture and life skills.
The course aims to:
- Build language skills and confidence gradually through our multi-level syllabus.
- Help students achieve their individual goals in language learning.
- Gain a better understanding of English books, films, songs, the internet and other media.
Academic Skills Sessions
The academic skills sessions give students an introduction to exam techniques and are intended to help students improve the skills of academic reading, writing, listening and speaking.
These sessions take place each week and culminate with students taking the Bucksmore Assessment.
The variety of lessons and teaching material provide students with a stimulating and comprehensive learning experience throughout their stay with Bucksmore.
The Bucksmore Assessment was initially introduced in 2016 after thorough research and analysis of student English language performance.
Uniquely developed by the Bucksmore Academic team to evaluate all abilities in English. It assesses a learner’s skills in reading, writing, speaking and listening and provides a well-rounded assessment of a student’s English ability.
The Bucksmore Assessment provides more relevant and appropriate language so learners are motivated to perform better than other, more adult-focused, exams.
Taken at the end of the course, the Bucksmore Assessment is designed to complement the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference) and to provide learners with a realistic determination of their English ability. It can be applied against other international English exams such as Cambridge ESOL & IELTS. Students will leave the course with a certificate of recommended English level measured against the CEFR scale.
All students receive a personalised Bucksmore Education report card and certificate during the graduation ceremony at the end of their stay.
- 15 hours of English tuition each week
- 7.5 hours of STEM workshops each week
- 2 full day excursions and 1 half day trip per week
- Full afternoon and evening activity programme including sporting, cultural and fun games
- Bucksmore end-of-course Assessment
- Bucksmore Passport to collect stamps for achieving goals
- Maximum class size of 11 students